SDSI's Springboard is a business development and incubator program. The goal of the program is to assist Sport and Active Lifestyle entrepreneurs with young companies to grow their operations and hone their business plans and ongoing operations. We aim to help companies grow and expand their current or perspective business, and prepare them to be able to seek out further capital investments from our established network of business contacts, angel investors and private equity firms.
SDSI's springboard program is staffed with volunteer business executives from the sports and active lifestyle industries who. Applications for SDSI Springboard Class 7 will be accepted through Feburary 18, 2016 until 11:59 pm. It is free to apply to SDSI Springboard, but upon acceptance participants must become SDSI members to participate. Membership for Springboard participants is $1,000 and is good for one year from graduation date.
The below documents are required as part of the SDSI Springboard application process. Please have them ready at the time you complete the online application found below:
1. One Page Executive Summary (front and back is okay)
2. Completed SDSI Springboard Presentation Template (this can be downloaded below)
3. Mandatory 1-2 min video including company elevator pitch describing: company/product, team and market opportunity
4. Springboard Application (Below)
5. Companies with consumer products are required to send a product sample to be reviewed by the Screening Committee.
Please send samples by 2 19 2016 to:
Renne Catalano Gussman
253 S Highway 101 C
Solana Beach, CA 92075
1. Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields. If the question does not apply to you, indicate ‘N/A’ in the field.
2. Please carefully read ALL steps as an incomplete application can cause delays and possible non-acceptance into the Springboard 2.0 program.
3. Please DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY PROPRIETARY BUSINESS OR TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION. Our policy is to keep your information confidential; however, we cannot guarantee its security. We will not ask you to disclose any proprietary information about your technology or invention; however no one involved in Springboard either in the preparation phase or at the panel presentations will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The SDSI team and volunteers have agreed to maintain the highest standards of integrity with regard to your business activities.
4. Download the REQUIRED Springboard Presentation Template. This is what you will present if you are approved for a Springboard Intake Panel. Please fill out the slides to the best of your ability. We understand you may not be able to fill out this template in its entirety, we suggest you focus on the slides that best demonstrate your product/service, market opportunity, brand, competition, customer and team. We encourage you to brand your presentation as your own. Do not delete slides that you cannot complete, rather use them as a place holder and make note that you need assistance. If accepted into the SDSI Springboard Program you will acquire mentors who will guide you through the process of refining this presentation, filling in holes in your business model and preparing you and your business to be sustainable and scalable.
ADD FORM HERE!!!