What's the impact of the SAL industry in San Diego?
In 2013 SDSI set out to define the size, scope and impact of the Sports and Active Lifestyle (SAL) industry in San Diego. SDSI partnered with Workforce Partnership and the San Diego Economic Development Council, to create the first ever San Diego SAL Industry Economic Impact Report.
Did you know that San Diego's SAL Industry:
- Is the second largest number of jobs in the NATION for sporting and athletic goods manufacturing
- Is driven by startup activity and business relocation
- Has created 700 NEW JOBS added between 2012-2013
- Hires locally: San Diego employers reported that they rarely or never hire from outside
- Is robust: 43 percent of the 1,200 businesses have been established since 2008 and have grown despite the recession.
- Includes payrolls totaling $793.4 million
- Accounted for 1.3 percent of San Diego’s 2011 economy, which is equivalent to hosting four Super Bowls every year
San Diego Cycling Industry Report
In 2016, SDSI enlisted the expertise of Stitch Marketing + Research to help deliver a scope of the cycling ecosystem in San Diego. This project was sponsored by Willis Insurance Services and Lucky Duck Foundation. Through these efforts, we have identified the Cycling sector to be a $547M sector representing 50+ suppliers and 227 retail shops
Header Image : Photo Courtesy of Sun Diego Boardshops