Think you've got what it takes?
Applications are currently closed. The next application window will open early 2020.
Applying for the SDSI Accelerator program is a multi-step process.
STEP 1 Preliminary Review: Submit the Online Application, Executive Summary and Video. If you pass preliminary review you will be notified and provided the resources to complete Step 2.
STEP 2 Presentation Deck: Complete and submit the SDSI Accelerator Fluid Business Plan Deck. Both Steps 1 and 2 need to be completed by Monday, August 26th. If you pass secondary review, you’ll receive more information about Step 3.
STEP 3 Intake Presentation: Present to the SDSI Mentor Pool on Tuesday, September 17th to determine acceptance
Make sure you read this page thoroughly and start early to ensure you have time to complete the process before the application window closes.
Step 1 - Start Here
To begin, please submit the following required documents:
1. One Page Executive Summary (front and back is okay)
2. 1-2 min video including company elevator pitch describing: company/product, team and market opportunity (does not have to be professionally produced - a simple smart phone video showcasing yourself and your product/service is sufficient)
3. Springboard Online Application Form (submit via application form found at the bottom of this page)
Once your complete application and step 1 documents are received, they will go through preliminary review. At this stage, if your company is considered a good candidate for the Accelerator program, you will be sent the documents for the second stage of application.
Step 2 - Don't delay! This step takes time...
After preliminary review, if your company is considered a good candidate for the Accelerator program, you'll receive the presentation deck template that serves as the core curriculum for the Accelerator program. We ask that you fill out as much of the template as you can with information about your company, as well as submit a company logo. If you're a product driven company, you may be asked to submit a product sample.
Step 3 - Intake Presentation
After receiving all applications that made it through step 2, all will be reviewed internally and the strongest candidates will be selected to present to our group of mentors at the Intake Panel on Tuesday, September 17th, 2019. At this presentation, the group will determine who is the best fit for Class 14 of the SDSI Accelerator and mentor teams will be formed. It is at this panel that acceptance to the program will be determined.
1. Please carefully read ALL steps of the application process. An incomplete application can cause delays and possible non-acceptance into the SDSI Accelerator.
2. Please DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY PROPRIETARY BUSINESS OR TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION. Our policy is to keep your information confidential; however, we cannot guarantee its security. We will not ask you to disclose any proprietary information about your technology or invention; however no one involved in the SDSI Accelerator either in the preparation phase or at the panel presentations will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The SDSI team and volunteers have agreed to maintain the highest standards of integrity with regard to your business activities.
3. Please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) in the below application form are required fields. If the question does not apply to you, indicate ‘N/A’ in the field. We highly recommend you complete the full application in a word document first, and then copy and past your answers into this form to prevent loss of information. If you get "timed out" of the form, your answers will not be saved.